Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Formal Gowns


As is my life at this moment in time, I got pretty bored today and didn't really want to do what I should have done. So after showering, I peered into my closet and saw the bottom of one of my prom dresses hanging out. I decided that I was going to try them on just for fun, because I was alone and no one would laugh, and because I wanted to see if they still fit (interesting how your body can change in 3 years but still measure the same...). I tried on two prom dresses from Sophomore and Senior year.

As I was trying them on, it brought back a WHOLE lot of memories and feelings. Like the time I backed into a car while driving to dinner, or when me and my date were the only ones not dating and would never date probably to his disappointment, or the time I was asked the week of, ha oh I remember laughing a lot at some and not so much at others. I had a plethora of memories and feelings of excitement, nervousness, awkwardness, ridiculousness, laughing moments, eye-rolling moments, and so many others where I had to just shake my head and laugh. Oh man, formal dances and high school. I also began to be thankful that those days are over, but had a good time reliving an interesting part of my life.
Then I thought, look where I am now. Look at where my dates are now. Look at where others in the group are now. Those awkward stages of my life are over (at least I hope so). I've grown a lot and experienced even more. A lot of my dates are on missions or coming home soon, some of the girls are married, and one is married and has a baby! I've learned there is life beyond high school and it doesn't really matter what other people think of you (well this is one I find myself constantly having to work on). It was the days of finding out who you really were or at least the start of such. I'm grateful for what I experienced and learned, but ever so much more grateful that I've moved on to bigger and better things, like a mission. One month ladies and gentleman, one month...

So go back to the recesses of your mind and remember those days of school dances and high school. Relive the good. Relieve the bad. Laugh and some, try not to remember others, but most importantly be grateful for what you learned and here's to what tomorrow will bring!

SHAZZAM.

No comments:

Post a Comment